Friday, August 23, 2013

THE GOURDS THAT TOOK OVER THE NEIGHBORHOOD!


The farmer girl in me is loving my wild growing gourds! This was a seed package of what I thought were miniature gourds planted in May (see previous blog post). NOT miniatures! Well, there may be a few hidden in the huge vines that have traveled halfway across my back yard, but mostly these are leaves about a foot across and vines that grow 6-8 or more inches a day. With each section of growth, they bloom and set fruit, leaving pumpkins and a variety of as yet unidentified squash and gourds as they take over the gravel pathways. 

These wonderful plants have encouraged my beans to grow wild and crazy, and intertwine with my cherry tomatoes that are giving me eat-off-the vine fruit every day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment