Sunday, July 27, 2014

GROWING TO REVEAL MY TRUE SELF

 This morning, my granddaughter and I harvested veggies from my back yard--cucumbers, beans, carrots. As I washed the beans and prepared them for lunch, my granddaughter dug the carrots. Standing at the sink, I felt  deeply happy and content--for the first time in a long time. I felt the way I imagine I will feel when we are settled onto our fully-paid-for, self-sufficient, luxury farm and animal sanctuary.

The feeling continued as we ate lunch--fresh green beans fried in real butter, scrambled eggs, cinnamon-raisin bagels and smoothies with whipped cream. Simple luxury. 
"Feeling spoiled," my granddaughter said. 

"Like we should always treat ourselves," I added.

Yet that feeling is elusive tonight, made more so by seeing a photo of myself at the NW Book Fest yesterday. What seeds have I planted that the outer version of me looks so different than how I feel on the inside? What do I need to nurture that will reveal my true self? Ah, questions to contemplate and take action on.

And so the growth continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment