Friday, June 5, 2015

FURBABY FRIDAY: COLLIES ARE SPECIAL

Can you tell this doggie has been
around writers all his life?

Fur against my face and the soft smell of a dog curled protectively around me existed before my first memories of this life.

My mom used to tell stories of me as a toddler, sleeping with my head pillowed on our Collie’s belly...Tippy took his duties seriously, and executed them well. For ten years, he was a companion, a pillow, and a protector.

Though I didn’t realize it at the time, Tippy began my life-long love of dogs, and set the standard for all dogs who would follow in my life.

As Tippy told me, "Collies will carry a special message for you, as I do. You will feel drawn to them, and they will appear at critical times to guide and support you."

And that has certainly been the case. First Tippy, then Duke, followed by Duncan, and now Tucker (shown reading with one of my grandchildren).

This boy is so happy and sweet. He makes me smile just to look at him!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. They look so happy together! The Collie sweetness is such a special thing! Thank you for sharing, Genene. :-)

    ReplyDelete