Thursday, January 14, 2016

DOGS ARE THE PATH TO ENLIGHTENMENT




A lot of people have become aware having a pet is good for you. Studies have found dogs can ease anxiety and depression in their human companions, as well as help lower blood pressure and increase hormones in our bodies that help us relax.

I stumbled onto something a few days ago that added more evidence to my long-held belief dogs are more evolved than humans.

While lying on the bathroom floor in the midst of my unplanned New Year's purge--yes, this has provided many learning experiences for me--a number of my dogs came in to check on me. My Jack Russell/Pitbull mix laid down on the rug and stayed with me after the worshipping-of-the-ceramic-idol phase had passed.

Shivering and feeling like I had been run over by a truck, I was open to pretty much anything. As the effects of the purge ebbed away, I became more aware of the energy emanating from my Batman.

I've been consciously working with the energy of humans and animals for about a decade, so I'm very sensitive to energy. This work started with Reiki and has expanded over the years to include practices such as QiGong, EFT/Tapping, and Donna Eden's Energy Medicine

Of particular interest to me is energy work with animals, triggered by Kathleen Prasad's book, Animal Reiki, and coupled with the gift of communicating with animals. Some of you may have heard me say, "After animals started talking to me, my life really went to the dogs." So true!

As my Batman lay beside me and his energy washed through me, I felt incredibly peaceful and relaxed. It occurred to me I must be vibrating at "Love or Above." 

I couldn't remember the details of how this was measured, so took an Internet journey. Wow! What a journey this turned out to be, with many interesting re-discoveries. I may use some of this information in future blog posts. However, the summary of what I found is the Scale of Consciousness as outlined in Dr. David Hawkins' book, Power vs. Force.

In part, it defines human energy vibrations from 0 to 1000. The lowest is shame and guilt at 20 and 30 up to enlightenment at 1000, which is considered the highest a human can attain. Hawkins and his researchers estimate humanity's collective consciousness is about 207. 

That means the majority of humanity is operating in shame, guilt, apathy, grief, fear, desire (which can lead to addictions), anger and pride. Humans haven't even reached the level of courage, in which you realize you don't need to be buffeted by external circumstances, but have choices in how to respond to situations. 

In contrast, most pets exude unconditional love--500 or above on the vibrational scale. I will toss in the disclaimer this isn't based on scientific research, but my own experiences and, I'm guessing, what many pet owners feel. 

Now I just need to figure out how I can stay at that vibration without shivering on the bathroom floor. Hmm…wonder if I can lock all my doors and have groceries delivered so I'm only in contact with my dogs? I know, probably not for long. 

But I offer this for consideration: don't feel guilty if you'd rather be with your dog than another human. Just know you are on your way up the vibrational scale to love or above--perhaps even enlightenment!

No comments:

Post a Comment