Friday, January 19, 2018

I DID NOT INTEND TO WRITE THIS BOOK!


POSTED BY: GENIE GABRIEL

Although Bernie O'Shea is the driving force behind what became the Bernie's Legacy series, I never intended to write his story.

This series started out with his daughter, Marly. Simple enough. 
I learned to write as a romance writer. Belonged to Romance Writers of America. Attended RWA conferences and absorbed everything my head would hold from New York Times best-selling authors. 

Marly's story fit with my romance training that every book meant a man of integrity and a woman of strength would meet, fall in love while confronting their worst nightmares, and live happily ever after. 

Then her seven brothers started rumbling about telling their stories also. Okay, a bit more challenging to write a man's point of view since I'm a woman. But I'd done that in previous books, so I kept learning and exploring to strengthen that storytelling aspect. 

After a marathon couple years of writing, those books were completed. 

Then the internal nudging started that Bernie's story should be written...

(To be continued tomorrow...)

Do you want to read Bernie's Legacy for FREE? Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment