Friday, October 18, 2019

ALL TREATS--for you and shelter dogs!

"Ace was my first shelter dog. A Border Collie mix with golden eyes that mesmerized me, and I knew instantly he was smarter than most people. He convinced me some of the best dogs come from the shelter." –from I Want to Have the Heart of a Dog

October is Adopt a Shelter Dog Month – and I have!
I have certainly taken the message of this month to heart! Not all of my doggies over the years have come from a shelter, but many have. As a writer, most of my books have pets as featured characters. Some are based on dogs who have owned me. Others are composites of dogs I have known.

The book, I Want to Have the Heart of a Dog, is personal. An intriguingly different look at one woman’s recovery from several lifetimes of abuse, betrayal and violent deaths--guided by dogs whose hearts contain the simple and miraculous knowledge of the Universe.

Buy it now!
Kindle version just 99 cents 
Paperback $4.99

Here's what readers are saying:
“Very touching and compelling...I was moved to tears and laughter...” – BJH

"Love it." – KP 

"If you have ever had a beloved pet you will want to read this story, but have the box of tissues ready...The book stuck with me even after I finished the last page...truly an inspiring read." – CB 

"You will find many insights into yourselves and your life with your pets."  – Allana 


Want to win a print copy?

I'm giving away an autographed print copy of I Want to Have the Heart of a Dog. Just leave a comment below (If the winner is outside the U.S., I will send an Amazon gift card.) Contest ends Sunday at midnight, October 20, 2019. 

No comments:

Post a Comment