Friday, June 2, 2017

THREE PAWS IN THE EUTHANASIA ROOM

DOGGIE HOST FOR JUNE:
RASCAL!

I bonded with the dog who became my Rascal prior to two adoptions that didn’t work out. I had picked him up from his neuter surgery, and he rode in his kennel in the front seat beside me and pulled lots of Reiki energy. When we stopped for a bite to eat, I let him out of his kennel and he touched his nose to mine. That became our way to communicate.

I don’t know for sure what went on in his adoptive home, but I saw him when he was returned to the shelter–he tried to bite our intake worker. After a day in the shelter, he settled into being a happy dog again.

However, with his history of biting, his chances on the adoption floor were slim to nothing. He had three paws in the euthanasia room when I asked the kennel manager to give me a few days with him.

That was about eight years ago, and Rascal is still part of my herd, sleeping on my pillow like he has from the first night in our home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment