Tuesday, August 1, 2017

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHELTER DOGS!

No matter your reaction to them, you probably know when your birthday is. 

But most shelter dogs don't show up with a birth certificate. So the North Shore Animal League America declared August 1 as a birthday for all the shelter animals whose birthdays are unknown. 

I want to expand on this celebration of shelter dogs and the release of my upcoming book on August 15. So throughout the month of August, I'll be spotlighting positive things done by animal shelters/ rescues/ organizations on this blog. 

I'll feature several of my own favorites, but I want to hear about your favorite animal-related organization too!

At the end of the month, my doggies will randomly select one of these organizations to receive a donation from me. Thanks to a special friend and her (now) angel dog for introducing me to this fun way to do a drawing. I write the names on pieces of paper and have my dogs draw one. It's a bit more challenging with multiple dogs, but I'll try to keep Batman from eating the papers before I can read the name. :)

If you want your favorite animal shelter/rescue/organization spotlighted and considered for a donation, please add that name to the comments along with its city and state, and your personal experience or contact with that organization. If you'd rather send that info to me privately, please let me know so we can connect.

Happy DOGust!!

No comments:

Post a Comment