Thursday, April 9, 2020

Fur against my face...

HISTORY OF QUANTUM CANINES
(continued from last week)
Fur against my face and 
the soft smell of a dog 
curled protectively around me
 existed before my first memories of this life.

Mom used to tell stories of me as a toddler, sleeping with my head pillowed on our Collie’s belly; of my brave furry protector forcing an uncle back into his car because I was outside without a parent. Never mind we lived out in the country where only relatives or nearby neighbors came to visit. Tippy took his duties seriously, and executed them well. For ten years, he was a companion, a pillow, and a protector.

Though I didn’t realize it at the time, Tippy was the beginning of my life-long love of dogs, and set the standard for all the furbabies who would be part of my journey.
(copyright Genie Gabriel from I Want to Have the Heart of a Dog)

My Collie Chronicles series was inspired
by the Collies who have guided my life.
The first two books of this series
are available in digital formats or print,
with a third book being written.
DIGITAL FORMATS JUST 99 CENTS EACH!
Print books: 
More Than Just a Dog (book 1) $5.49
More Than a Star Traveler (book 2) $6.49

You can read excerpts of book 1 and book 2
on my web site: www.GenieGabriel.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment