Wednesday, January 21, 2015

PRODUCTIVELY RETIRED


Why would a "retired" person need to be productive? Well, like most of the people I know who have retired, I'm busier than ever--doing things I love!

However, I'm still carrying some of the habits from working for someone else 40+ hours a week in an office. Overcommitted and running on empty, I am determined to slow down, take more time for me, and still do all the things I love. This is going to be even more important when my doggies and me are moved to some acreage and becoming as self-sufficient as possible.

I'M LEARNING FROM WEBINARS
Interestingly, I found some great suggestions for doing this in a series of three webinars on productivity. 

On a side note, I am hovering on the edge of addiction when it comes to webinars. I love learning new things, especially natural, alternative ways to have a happier and healthier life. Most of these webinars are selling something. However, I've been a do-it-yourselfer and bargain hunter most of my life, so I usually watch the free webinar stuff, jot down the nuggets of wisdom, incorporate those into my life and routine, and go on to the next free info. 

MORE RELAXATION BUT MORE PRODUCTIVE
I've learned amazing things, and Eben Pagan's webinars on productivity provided some great information relevant to my desire to be productive AND have more time for me and my doggies. 

Here's what he suggests:

There are two things you can do to increase
your productivity, starting immediately:

1) Instead of checking your messages and
email early in the day, take the first 60-90
minutes and create a routine or ritual to
make yourself strong and healthy.

2) When you start your work day, invest
at least the first couple of hours working on
ONLY those things that are the “high value”
activities… those things that pay you back
big returns now and in the future.

He goes into more detail in the videos, and I'm passing on those links here. Not sure how long these links will work. (Nope, not a pressure sales gimmick. I'm not an affiliate and don't receive anything for passing these along. The webinars are to promote his class that starts next week.) I don't plan to attend his 90-day program, but found the information in the webinars useful. 

Here is the link to the three videos: <http://getaltitude.com/wup-video3>.

This link summarizes the information and gives the big push to buy his program: <https://wakeup.getaltitude.com/introducing-wakeup-productive/>

GOING IT ON MY OWN
Most difficult for me is taking those 30 minute breaks to completely change gears and do something that will benefit only me. Yep, changing decades of workaholic behavior may take some time. It will be interesting to see how I do with developing these new habits on my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment