Friday, January 8, 2021

January 8 is Bubble Bath Day--Enjoy!

 

Providing a sanctuary for beloved doggies

definitely involves cleaning and grooming. 

        I've also had furbabies who need extra care, such as my Cocker Spaniel, Rascal, with skin issues; and doggies with LOTS of fur, like Tucker the Collie. Most of my dogs have not been impressed with baths but tolerate them. Then there is Azer, aka the Water Dog German Shepherd, who loves to bite at the water and doesn't want to get out of the bathtub. 


What does the human need?

Usually this human needs cleaning after Azer is finished. So do I take time to use the whirlpool bathtub I thought would be so wonderful when we remodeled the bathroom years ago? Rarely! But I still think it's awesome. Perhaps part of my New Year's goals to Create a Childhood I Love will be taking more soaks in this tub. 

        I've done doggie hospice for about five years as my beloved canine companions have aged and some have crossed the Rainbow Bridge. During this time, I have realized how important it is to take care of myself so I can care for these beautiful spirits. Yes, the overused analogy of put on your own mask first when flying in an airplane is true of many aspects of life.

Now to figure out how to multi-task in that fabulous whirlpool tub--such as writing another book--without getting electrocuted! Perhaps with pen and paper...until I drop the paper into the water...

What do you need? 

Is taking better care of yourself one of your goals this year? 

How will you do that? Perhaps healing emotionally

is one of your goals. You can read the first part of 

my emotional healing journey in this book, 

I WANT TO HAVE THE HEART OF A DOG.


ebook only 99 cents!
Also available in print.

with Woofs of Wisdom 
from the Quantum Canines
who share my life.

Check out other books on my website:

No comments:

Post a Comment